College Prep Language and Culture (CPLC)
The College Prep Language and Culture (CPLC) is an English as a second language based program that combines courses covering language sills, high school readiness, cultural skills, online test preparation, and writing workshops. It is an innovative program designed by international education with content and assessments based on ACTFL Worlds Language Readiness Standards.
Schools with a large number of students often offer CPLC program onsite. Similar to a standard class setting, international students with different English language proficiency levels work closely with a teacher to practice and improve their skills.
In the case of schools with fewer students in The Cambridge Network program, it’s likely that the academic services will be offered online, through a live and interactive interface. The online program teaches skills appropriate for each grade level and can be accessed via any standard, internet-connected device and in any location. Students benefit from interactive tools that enhance the learning experience, and get recordings of lessons to replay later.
For students who have a higher degree of English proficiency, these advanced class options allow them to build upon their skill:
- Advanced Academic English
- College Advance
Key Program Information
- The programs are each comprised of a total of three hours per week.
- All programs feature live teaching, either in person or online.
- Students receive up to three additional one-on-one advising sessions.
- Students and parents receive regular progress reports.
- Programs are based on grade level, with opportunities for advanced courses depending on the student’s abilities.
- Over 750 students enrolled in AS in the 2017-18 academic year
- 102 Programs at partner schools (47 onsite and 55 online)
- 88% Improvement Rate of Average Student
- 96% Student Satisfaction
- Over 50 highly qualified teachers across the country
- Over 95% of Cambridge Teachers have Advanced Degrees
- 100% of Cambridge Teachers Studied or Taught Abroad
Improving Educational Outcomes
Cambridge Academic Services delivers ongoing academic support to help students achieve their full potential. We are committed to offering personalized instruction and encouragement that gives students the necessary skills to thrive academically and socially in high school and beyond.
One-on-one tutoring from our qualified instructors is perfect for helping students who may need additional support with the transition to their American high school’s curriculum. During the first session, the tutor evaluates the student’s strengths and weaknesses to create a customized tutoring plan.
Our qualified tutors challenge students’ critical thinking, text analysis, test taking, and writing skills across disciplines, ensuring they stay competitive in the college admissions process and are well-prepared for higher education. When a student receives tutoring in a non-English subject (i.e. chemistry, history, or mathematics), our tutors also work to enhance the student’s ability to express content ideas in English. This gives students confidence to participate in classroom discussions which are a vital aspect of American classroom culture and affect student grades significantly in every subject.
Students work with their tutors via our online platform, allowing for flexibility in scheduling and location. Our experienced tutors have access to the newest technology on interactive tools that enhance the standard classroom experience. Additionally, students have access to recordings that they can replay to help retain the knowledge.
Why choose Cambridge Network Tutoring Services?
- The Cambridge-School Relationship: Cambridge has a close relationship with partner high schools and our tutors gain advanced detection of a student’s strengths and weaknesses before the tutoring even begins.
- Tailored to International Students: All tutors have extensive experience with international learners and advanced understanding of the obstacles these students face in the American educational system.
- An In-Depth Screening and Training Process: Our tutors are carefully selected and highly qualified. Additionally, we provide specialized training to ensure tutors are utilizing the latest and strongest methods for online instruction.
- Targeted Placement: We analyze every student individually using our unique resources (including the student’s grades and conversations with the student’s high school teachers) in order to find the best fit for their needs.
- Cambridge Tutor Network: Cambridge has a pool of tutors with a wide variety of expertise and experience. We can provide high quality tutoring in all academic subjects as well as test preparation (SAT, ACT, TOEFL). Our highly-qualified tutors may also assist students of all ability levels, including honors and AP.
Why Online Works:
- By choosing online tutoring, it ensures that students will get the most qualified tutor to meet their needs.
- All classes are conducted live and can be recorded and replayed by the student for additional study.
- The tutor and student work together to set the class schedule, so they can meet as many times as they want, for as long as they want.
- Tutors can quickly access additional support materials and provide instant enrichment.
- Interactive tools such as digital whiteboards and screen sharing enable an online tutor to perform tasks an in-person tutor cannot. Tutors can provide instant feedback and error correction as students type their answers to assignments. This also gives the tutor a unique insight into the student’s thought process.